Saturday, July 26, 2008

Farewell Indonesia

I am now writing from Montreal Canada where I am staying at my newly married sister and her husband's apartment.

The blogging was certainly sporadic - I wish we had had the time to be more regular but there was just so much to experience and do. That along with the on and off internet connections made it a little difficult but I hope the stories we were able to publish were informative and entertaining.

We may get the opportunity to publish more of our experiences online but we have both left Indonesia for now. After meeting so many fascinating animals, human and non-human, and becoming involved in their lives the desire to return is only going to become stronger over time.

I am beginning to work my way through the footage and interviews I shot during my time in Indonesia, letting ideas ferment. I hope to have a rough cut in two months time in which a cohesive story is told.

I really would like to thank all of the people who allowed me to film their work and were so forthcoming in interviews. I hope that once this documentary has been completed I will be able to follow up on events and stories there in the future and that the friendships made there will continue.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ethan & Kim,

You have some amazing photos and a wealth of information. Nice blog!!!

I am leaving for Goa, India to volunteer with IAR @ the end of this month. I am throwing a fundraiser to raise money for the organization at a local art gallery before I leave. I am searching for pics of IAR volunteer projects around the world for a slide show I will have at the fundraising event. Would you mind if I used some of your pictures for my slideshow? I will not use any without your permission. Sorry I am writing all this in the comment section, but I colld not find either of your contact information.

Thanks and again, well done on the blog.

~Chelsea :-)

chelsea.erin.robbins@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Really great work, it must have been a great experience for you..best of luck for your future..

Indonesia Travel Guide