Monday, June 2, 2008

There is still no internet today. I’ve used up all the space on my portable hard drive and have arranged for a new one to be sent here. My gear is holding up very well so I’m pleased with that. (knock on wood)

Today I interviewed Marlene, who is here to set up an education program for IAR Indonesia. She studied biology and environmental education and works at a zoo in Denmark. She has some interesting insights into the dynamics of education and environmental awareness in Indonesia. There are specific differences between European and Indonesian school students which need to be taken into account in order to effectively communicate and evaluate the process.

My plan is to take what we’ve written to the warnet – internet café - and upload it this evening as we really have no idea when there will be internet.

Which brings us to today... we are here at the internet cafe about 10km from Curug Nangka which we got to via Angkot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi ethan,
greetings and good luck to your project wishes jens from good old
gurmon knee :-)

Ethan Reitz said...

Hi Jens!

thx und schöne Grüße züruck!

Hope all is well in the alps :)